A forum for a group of Industry Credit Personnel to gather and exchange factual information concerning a customer’s ability to pay to the agreed terms.
This enables participants to identifying early signs of risk within the guidelines of the Competition and Consumer Act.
What are the benefits?
- A reduction in exposure to bad debt
- Hi-light customers that are forced to transfer between suppliers due to non-payment
- Access to the TBA Trade Reference Data Base (300,000 References)
- Provide the opportunity to discuss specific industry related problems
- A Bureau is an excellent vehicle for obtaining independent references on new accounts
- Identify payment trends in your industry
What are your obligations?
- To contribute to the content of the meeting
- To ensure complete confidentiality of information exchanged
- To commit to regular attendance
Trade Bureaux Australia has 60+ years of industry experience and has vast access to Accountants, Liquidators and a network of legal advisors who assist to keep our members fully informed and up to date on the following:
- PPSA Regulations
- Understand the collection guidelines issued by ACCC & ASIC
- Privacy provisions / Competition and Consumer Act
- Misuse of information
- We are able to provide Guest Speakers on other relevant matters
How do Trade Bureaux Work?
- Each member forwards to TBA a list of accounts for discussion. TBA then compiles a book with all submissions.
- The member then makes notes on accounts that they can comment on.
- A meeting is convened and facilitated by an independent chairperson provided by TBA.